At Upopoy, information and services are provided in multiple languages so that speakers of various languages can learn about and experience Ainu culture easily.
Our multilingual resources include:
- Pamphlets distributed in the park
- Signage in the park
- Explanatory materials in the museum
- Museum guidance equipment (additional fees apply)
- Guidance equipment for performances
Multilingual Audio Guide App
Download this free application onto your mobile device to get audio and visual information about park facilities and the museum exhibits.
- Available in Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Russian and Thai.
- Users are responsible for any data charges incurred when downloading the app.
Download the app here:
A range of facilities are provided to allow all visitors to enjoy their time at Upopoy.
Free Wheelchair Rentals
Wheelchairs are available from the Entrance Center (20 wheelchairs) and the museum (8 wheelchairs). To request one, please speak to a member of staff.
The museum has an elevator designed for use by people in wheelchairs and people with visual impairments.
Service dogs such as guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome inside the park and facilities.
The main facilities in the park have multipurpose restrooms with facilities for ostomates.
Please contact a member of staff if you fall ill during your visit. First-aid stations are available in the Entrance Center and museum.
Accessible parking spaces are available for visitors with disabilities.
AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
AEDs are installed in each facility.
Visitors with Young Children
The following services are provided for the comfort of visitors accompanied by young children.
Strollers are available at the Entrance Center. To request one, please speak to a member of staff.
Nursing rooms are available at the Entrance Center and inside the museum.
All multipurpose restrooms are fitted with diaper changing tables.
Notes to visitors
- Eating and drinking is only permitted in designated areas within the museum (this includes gum and drinks bottles).
- Refrain from bringing alcoholic drinks or entering the museum while intoxicated.
- Large luggage and umbrellas should be stored inside the coin lockers and umbrella stands provided.
- Pets are not permitted inside the museum.
- Smoking in prohibited inside the museum.
- Photography is prohibited in some areas of the exhibition rooms.
- All mobile phones should be turned off or set to silent mode while inside the exhibition rooms. Refrain from engaging in loud conversations while inside the exhibition rooms.
- Refrain from placing objects on display cases and from touching the exhibits or glass of display cases.
- Pencils should be used for writing while inside the exhibition rooms.
- Refrain from actions that may disrupt other visitors, including sleeping on benches and running inside the exhibition rooms.
- In case of emergency, evacuate in accordance with instructions from staff, emergency announcements and signage.
Click here for the Upopoy site rules.